Monday, January 23, 2012

Delirium: Book Review



Delirium by Lauren Oliver

“Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side.”
― Lauren Oliver, Delirium


Ah, the beauty of a love story. I am a lover of love and this book that toys with the idea that love is a virus and can be cured at age 18, intrigued me.

Alex and Lena's love affair is something that sticks with me. Lauren Oliver has a way of writing how people fall in love that moves me. Little moments made huge by dire circumstances. I felt like this book was slipping through my fingers too fast knowing it would never end the way I had hoped but still turning each page hoping... hoping.

“I'd rather die my way than live yours.”

I am awaiting the second book in the series, Pandemonium due to be released February 2012.


I recommend this book for someone looking to be swept away in love, hopeless and powerless and yet the most powerful thing we have. Enjoy it.

Rating: 4/5 A Distopian Nicholas Sparks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment