Saturday, February 9, 2013

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

“Hope.
It's like a drop of honey, a field of tulips blooming in the springtime. It's a fresh rain, a whispered promise, a cloudless sky, the perfect punctuation mark at the end of a sentence. And it's the only thing in the world keeping me afloat.”

“Sticks and stones keep breaking my bones but these words, these words will kill me.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me
OMG... This was insanely great. I devoured it in about 12 hours. After reading Destroy Me last summer I have been anxiously awaiting what will happen next. I thought Juliette would be stronger in this one, I really hoped she found a place to belong. Bit after spending so much time in solitary she just can't allow herself to be at home anywhere. It's really sad. Her beloved Adam is practically non existent in this book, which was fine by me because I was never a fan. I prefer the dark & twisted Warner. After Destroy Me (2012), I was drawn into the heart & soul of this beautiful disaster of a man. Unravel Me drew me in even more with the introduction of his uber evil father. With Juliette leaning on him because he is the only one who really knows who she is and he excepts everything wi love but doesn't think he is worthy of it in return. I have high hopes for the next book coming out next year (too long). If you haven't read Shatter Me do so, Tahereh Mafi has a style and feel to her writing that is unlike anything I have ever read. You can feel Juliette barely cling to sanity with every word.

No comments:

Post a Comment