Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shatter Me Review


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

"The soldiers stomp stomp stomp through the rain...They dont understand the freedom in feeling the universe on their skin. They dont care. I wish I could stuff my mouth with raindrops and fill my pockets full of snow. I wish I could trace the veins in a fallen leaf and feel the wind pinch my nose"
- Shatter Me #1 by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me opens with Juliette in prison, solitary for the past year. We find out she has been locked up since she was 14. Juliette has never been loved or touched in her life because her touch is lethal to humans. Her whole world is the dark cell and the thoughts in her head.

One day they tell her she is getting a cellmate and it turns out to be a boy. He tells her about he world outside how bad it has gotten. She is taken from her small four walled world and throw into the lap of luxury and asked to use her power to torture and kill. If she does not they will throw her back in prison forever. She doesnt know what to do but she knows she needs to find a way to escape.

I loved the style of this author, it felt like poetry and I couldn't get enough. So many quotes stuck with me. Some really great sexy, charged moments in this book too! The characters are written really well and even the "bad guy" I find incredibly sexy!

Give it a go you will love it!

Rating 4.5/5 - Sexy & Dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment