Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher


Wow... Crazy, unpredictable, dark & twisted. I loved it. 

Fave quotes: 


“I wanted to go look for her, but she’d told me little to nothing about herself. I could hold the five things she’d said in the palm of my hand, and still find plenty of room.”


“There was nothing pretentious about her. No show, no thriving to impress me. She didn’t even try to guard the ugly truth, which made every one of her words feel like a cold dousing of water to the face.”


“What type of woman jumped in the car with you on Christmas Day to meet your family, without putting on a cardigan and a dress? This one. She made every woman I’d ever been with feel insignificant and fake. This was going to be fun.”


“People lie. They use you and they lie, all the while feeding you bullshit about being loyal and never leaving you”


“Engagement pictures made me want to vomit—especially when they were taken on railroad tracks. I always pictured Thomas the Train rolling over them, his smiley blue face beaded with their blood. I didn’t want to want those things. Love was good enough, without the three-layered almond/fondant wedding cake and the sparkly blood diamonds encased in white gold. Just love.”


I just loved the dark feel and the words felt like poetry to me, it just flowed if that makes any sense LOL 


Everyone should read this! It's something completely different.


No comments:

Post a Comment