Monday, January 23, 2012

Delirium: Book Review



Delirium by Lauren Oliver

“Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side.”
Lauren Oliver, Delirium


Ah, the beauty of a love story. I am a lover of love and this book that toys with the idea that love is a virus and can be cured at age 18, intrigued me.

Alex and Lena's love affair is something that sticks with me. Lauren Oliver has a way of writing how people fall in love that moves me. Little moments made huge by dire circumstances. I felt like this book was slipping through my fingers too fast knowing it would never end the way I had hoped but still turning each page hoping... hoping.

“I'd rather die my way than live yours.”

I am awaiting the second book in the series, Pandemonium due to be released February 2012.


I recommend this book for someone looking to be swept away in love, hopeless and powerless and yet the most powerful thing we have. Enjoy it.

Rating: 4/5 A Distopian Nicholas Sparks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment