Sunday, January 29, 2012

Divergent Book Review


Divergent by Veronica Roth

"Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up. I've seen it. It's fascinating." He releases me but doesn't pull away, his hand grazing my jaw, my neck. "Sometimes I just want to see it again. Want to see you awake."
Veronica Roth (Divergent (Divergent, #1))



The concept pf Divergent s this: Every person in belongs to one of 5 factions; Amity (Peace), Abnegation(selfless), Dauntless(bravery), Candor(Truth), Erudite(Knowledge). At age 16 the children get to chose to either stay with their parents or change factions and never see them again. Faction before blood.

Tris (Beatrice) was born a selfless Abnegation and choses to join Dauntless the pierces & tattooed faction that scares most people. Once there she under goes tests of bravery and weapons training as her initiation. Where she meets Four, one of her trainers & they fall in love.

Never has the number Four been so sexy, he is the epitome of bad boy. A gun shooting, fighting, knife throwing tattooed sexy as all heck, bad boy. I fell for him too ;)

Chaos ensues and the story get better & better. Veronica Roth write those electric moments between two people so well. And the scenes with them stick in my head STILL after reading the book twice in a row! It has a Hunger games feel to it and we go into knowing it will be a trilogy. The next book release date is ...well check the countdown to your right ;P

I am a huge fan of Dystopian Fiction and this one is my new favorite! I recommend it to anyone who liked Hunger Games.

Rating: 4.5/5 - Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment