Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Host Review


The Host be Stephanie Meyer

“It's a strange universe,” he murmured.
“It's not fair,” I complained, echoing Sunny's words. It wasn't fair. How could I find this, find love–now, in this eleventh hour–and have to leave it? Was it fair that my soul and body couldn't reconcile? Was it fair that I had to love Melanie, too? Was it fair that Ian would suffer? He deserved happiness if anyone did. It wasn't fair or right or even…sane. How could I do this to him?
“I love you,” I whispered.
“Don't say that like you're saying goodbye.”
Stephenie Meyer (The Host (The Host, #1))



Don't let the 'Author of Twilight' fool you this is a great novel. A grown up novel compared to Twilight and all that angst.

Wanderer is one soul among millions that has been placed INSIDE a human body. It is how her species called "souls" have taken over our world. A peaceful species that thought they could fix earths violence with their invasion.

She is placed in a captured wild human which is never done but Wanderer is on her eighth world and is ready for the challenge, to find out where the other wilds are. But she encounters a force within her she cant ignore, Melanie.

Melanie refuses to die her thoughts still echo in Wanderers head and will not be silenced. They set out on an adventure to find Melanie's family. Each step of the way Wanderer is falling away from her own kind and sympathizing with the humans.

Trying to find peace amongst humans that hate her very existence is hard for her but the story pulls you in and doesn't let go.

Sci-Fi for people who don't like Sci-Fi. Meyer writes characters so well we fall in love and root for the alien! With some great action and some really beautiful moments. I laughed out loud and cried and cheered.

I recommend to anyone who like Sci-Fi with a twist to their stories, and there are more than a few twists. Made me long for the desert air.

Rating: 4.5/5 - Great Read!


No comments:

Post a Comment