Saturday, February 18, 2012

Torment Review


Torment by Lauren Kate
Fallen Series #2

"Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can't always understand them, but we have to trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith."

"Yeah,there was a whole chapter on you in my eight grade History of Angels textbook," Miles said.
Arriane clapped. "And they told me that book was banned!"

"I have to go," he said at last, getting to his feet. "I shouldn't even be here, but I cannot keep my self away from you. I worry about you in every waking moment. I love you, Luce. So much it hurts."
Lauren Kate (Torment (Fallen, #2))

The battle for good & evil, Heaven & Hell continues with our girl, Luce and her fallen Angel boyfriend, Daniel. Our favorite Angels & Demon reappear in this book as well as some great new ones.

Luce is moved into hiding from the Outcasts, at a school called Shoreline in California. Which is basically a finishing school for Angel half breads, ran by 2 fallen Angels one a Demon on the dark side, one an Angel on the good side, so as to not sway the students to either side. Luce learns a lot about the shadows that have followed her for her whole life. Now realizing they are a way to glimpse her past with Daniel she sets off to find out more about their past including her families in each past life who were left to mourn her untimely death.

Daniel is elusive as ever and I am never really sure if the whole truth is being told to Luce. If a fallen Angel tells you that you are the love of his life, should you believe him? And why? Luce keeps thinking how much simpler her life would be if he had never fallen in love with her to begin with.

I am knee deep in this series and am loving every word. It is written beautifully with so much detail. I am still, after 2 books, on the fence whether Luce is being lead astray by these angels and what the real story is behind the truce and the war.

I highly recommend this book and Series. next up is Passion. I am swept up by this story and its strong cast of characters. There is a fine line between Good & Evil, sometimes it's hard to see where you stand. Read it you wont be disappointed.

Rating: 4/5 - Angel fantasy delivers!


No comments:

Post a Comment